Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT Pro - climate image

Post FT Pro - climate image

HI,

First post

I have used the excellent tutorial for FT Pro I found from here, one thing that I would like to get hold of is the climate map shown or one like it.
    http://www.ridgenet.net/~jslayton/CGTutorial/index.html

Does anyone know how I could get this ?

Thanks,

Rog.

If I were lazy I'd right-click on the image in the tutorial and save it to disk (or download the file directly from http://www.ridgenet.net/~jslayton/CG...l/image038.jpg ). That's just me, though. There's also the Terraformer package of image climate files done by an FT user that can be downloaded from the ProFantasy site.
    Last edited by waldronate; 11-29-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks that did the trick.

Welcome to the Guild, Roger (a name I recognise from the Taveller boards)

Do you mean the climate map or the image climate shader? If you meant the image climate shader, then, they are quite easy to make with a simle image editor and using images from Google Earth.

best

Ravs

It was just the satelitte images that I need, I have them now thanks to the help provided.

Yep, I do use the Traveller forums that are around and its for Traveller that Im using FT Pro and the CC3 programs - mapping for stuff were working on at Avenger.

Rog.

I didn't mean to be snippy. I get that way sometimes and I hope you didn't take it personally.

For what it's worth, I almost asked the same question when I worked through the There and Back Again tutorial. I felt silly when I realized that the image I needed was right there on my screen.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Post Terraformer Author

Hi Roger,

This is Bill R., Author of the Terraformer Package for FT Pro.
    My Terraformer Package that's available now (0.001A) has 125 image climate files, and seven .lgt files based on actual NASA imagery.
    If you have updated to FT PRO 2.3 - then you can get the TERRAFORMER PACKAGE on your Profantasy product registration page (right hand margin column of the page - scroll down to find it).

I have already completed work on the core materials for TERRAFORMER 0.50

It contains 200 Image Climates, and 16 .lgt files (blue and green ocean variants).

The next version will also have tutorials in the User's Manual on writing your own .lgt files, and creating your own image climates, and the Terraformer kits contain PLENTY of cloud map overlays.
    "A good heart is better than all the heads in the world." Author Edward Lytton

Excellent thanks for all your help with this.

No I didnt take it the wrong way, it was more of me having a blonde moment and not seeing the wood for the trees

Ive only just started playing around with it and so will look at Terraformer more in depth.

Cheers,

Rog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast