Thread: For our BT game!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post For our BT game!

Although BT is definitely Sci-Fi, I thought this general wilderness setting would suit any generic use - fantasy, sci-fi or otherwise, so I put it here.

Nothing special here. Our gaming group decided to play a game of Battletech, since we haven't done so in almost a decade - so of course, I was commissioned to do the map. We wanted a cool, but functional BT map.

Basically a battle pit on a wilderness planet. The premise being three clan werewolves (a custom 75 ton mech of my design) and his two slow 100 ton artillery platforms (ERPPC, AC Autocannon, etc.) against three newbies each with 225 tons of mechs (each with variety of 3 mechs of their choice).

My werewolves are hiding in the heavy woods at the bottom of the pit. A cache of weapons tech is submerged in the lake and I'm guarding them. My support is slowly ambling to my aid, from the left side of this map.

The nine newbie mechs are coming in trios, one from the top and two from the right side of the map.

One of mechs is pretty dinged up, but I've taken out one mech from two of the trios so far.

We had to stop the game until next weekend, due to late arrivals, maybe 3 more hours to completion.

Anyway, I used a hex grid placed on top of a beveled terrain design for ease of use for BT play. I hate those terrains made out of actual hexes found in standard BT maps. We ruled if a hex was mostly one terrain or level than that was the entire hex, for movement issues.

Xara Xtreme created map in my old stacked terrain style!

Use it to your heart's content, I'm done with it. Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pitmech.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	8152  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations