Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bard Returns

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Post The Bard Returns

To quote The Lord Of The Rings and Samwise Gamgee 'He took a deep breath and said "Well, I'm Back".' and yes I am back, though maybe not as active. All those that remember me from I don't know how long ago, I must apologize for my brief appearance a sudden disappearance. It is a phenomenon I like to call "The Spontaneous Odom Experience". There has been many times when I will come to an Online Community, quickly assimilate myself amongst the big names by posting a flood of information, impressing people with my knowledge and/or actions, and make quick friends. Then as fast as I came to the Community I disappear leaving behind much unfinished, amongst other things. It's because my mind is like a melting pot of ADHD, High Intelligence, and Extreme Creativity, and therefore I get easily bored with a project and distracted by something else. I can't even remember what it was that distracted me from Cartography but it must've been something good because Cartography and ConWorlding is one of my favorite hobbies. So I return to Cartographers Guild to see surprisingly little activity (I had like three Notifications after several months when I used to have like 3 to 5 every day!) and I return with the intent to finish what I started and perhaps start more things.

The first thing I will finish is The "Atlas Of ArkEarth" Project and My "Guide To Hand Drawn Atlases". Then I will attempt to finally learn how to use Inkscape and The GIMP from the many masters I have met here. Last I intend to, over time, upload quality images of all my maps so that I may display them both here and on other sites.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Welcome back
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard...again!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkeeper View Post
    So I return to Cartographers Guild to see surprisingly little activity (I had like three Notifications after several months when I used to have like 3 to 5 every day!)
    I'd have to disagree with that

We did some forum shuffling so you may have missed out a great deal if you were relying on notifications...

I have seen over 30 postings in a day at times! (Especially when nearing a mapping challenge deadline...)

EDIT: Oh yeah.. Welcome back!

-Rob A>

Welcome back, Arkkeeper. Good to see you back.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm almost offended...we have over 700 active members, and LOTS of postings going on. Notifications != Site Activity...

When you left, we forgot ya The mob is fickle, ya gotta be here to get credit

I'm just teasin ya by the way, I'm not tryin to be offensive, just playful ribbing. We've been busy here, and you've missed a LOT.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

No no I'm sure I just meant the Page's I was watching that were quite active before and during my time here seemed to just die or something, I don't mean my own pages or the pages I wasn't watching. Guess I should've worded that differently.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I'm almost offended...we have over 700 active members, and LOTS of postings going on. Notifications != Site Activity...
    700 active? Really? Whats the definition you are going by in terms "posted since X", or "logged on in the past x days", or what?
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Heh heh, I never use email notifications. The amount of email it would generate would drive me crazy (okay, I'm already crazy... I mean crazier ). I always use the User Control Panel to keep track of the threads that I have posted in. That's always my first stop when I come to the Guild.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast