Thread: Modern road intersection photo

Post Modern road intersection photo

In my day job as a graphics designer/digital printer I get work from attorneys all the time. Mostly for photo enlargements, mounted to foamboard for forensic display.

Usually they are wrecked cars. I never get an overhead view of a scene, but today I did. Boy, I wish all my car wreck photos I get were like this one, so I could use it for reference for digital mapping.

Anyway, its only one photo, so you can't get too much reference out of it, but I thought I'd post here anyway, since its so rare I get a photo like this one. Now I wish I owned an ultralight and I'd go flying around taking shots like this one for map reference.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intersection.jpg 
Views:	1111 
Size:	560.9 KB 
ID:	8157  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I work in transportation planning so I see aerials all the time. There are a myriad of great aerial sites out there and some are free. The resolution varies, but you can usually pick out lane lines and such. If it is in the US, search the county auditor's or the county engineer's website for their GIS data and look at the aerials.

Many times the linework data is saved in a dxf format as well, so you could bring in Edge of Pavement and building outines into Illustrator or some other vector program to create something.
    Something witty and pithy

The driver of that red truck is making a seriously illegal turn. Not only cutting through the double yellow, but the white as well. I was going to say Google Maps as well, but then I saw the resolution of that map. Nice!!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Wow! Gorgeous picture. Subject matter is not exactly National Geographic but its so clear with lovely resolution.

Sigurd