Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: [Commission Piece] Map of an Island

Sorry! xD I'm clearly new here.

I saw the link - thanks - but that still does not explain why it would be on a piece of paper washed up on our shore.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1266811_10151712613036633_1975138703_o.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	58069

What could this mean?

This doesn't make sense: first, if you found a map in a bottle and took a picture of it, why is there a copyright embedded in your photograph? And second, google image search is not clever enough to relate this map to the one in the thread - at least, not from this photo. It works by looking for visually similar images, which in the case of the photo you uploaded returns hits in the first page to photos of a TV with static on the screen, a cat litter tray, a lace doily on a table, a zen garden... but no maps of Pondia. Third, the first thing I would expect someone to do in the situation described is to phone or email the person whose contact information is on the sheet--and, if no answers were forthcoming I would expect someome to include this information in the post.

So I would cautiously say, with no intent to offend if I'm incorrect, that your post appears to be misleading!

Kind regards --Monty

Ok wait, wait - hold up a sec. Let me explain.

As I mentioned before, "A friend of mine recently found a message in a bottle washed up on our shore and this map was inside with some writing on." This friend is a photographer and I just saved his photo off Facebook in order to show you the message that was written along with the map (hence the copyright). I can take a screen shot if you would prefer it.

Secondly, I cropped the photo to just show the map and THEN google image searched it:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	62 
Size:	273.1 KB 
ID:	58077
    This thread was the second hit returned.

Sorry for misleading. I'm just trying to find out what the map is of out of interest's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBlue View Post
    Sorry for misleading. I'm just trying to find out what the map is of out of interest's sake.
    No need to apologise, then, if I was overly skeptical. But what happened when you emailed the address on the map, or phoned the number?

Apparently no reply to the email as of yet..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456