Thread: After months I learned to use Fractal Mapper. What would I need to know to use CC3?

Post After months I learned to use Fractal Mapper. What would I need to know to use CC3?

Hello again.

I am glad to see that this forum is still going. AI only posted one thread months ago, but the help you gave me turned out very useful for me (thanks for that!).

Anyway, after a few months of trying to get my head around CC3 I gave up. Then I got the newest Fractal Mapper, and using it's tutorial (which was MUCH better than the CC3 one) I was eventually able to learn how to use it. I have since made my homeworld's map for my 3.5 Spelljammer sphere, and using the feature which lets one crop a small section to work on I am about 1/4 done with my first continent.

The problem with FF is that the quality of the art seems pretty low to me, especially comparing it to the limited examples I have seen of CC3 material. However, I liked the fact that I was actually able to learn Fractal Mapper.

I still have CC3 on my Macbook, so now I am thinking that since I leanred FF I might be able to transfer that to using CC3. Would this be the case at all?

If so, what more would I need to learn to use CC3?

And do you guys know of any better learning tutorials than the CC3 Essentials document I got with CC3? Again, could not learn a thing from that.

Also, I believe I remember reading way back that one could transfer FF maps into CC3. Is this true? If so, would I ba able to keep my world map (which I worked really hard on) and what I have done so far of my first continent? I do not want to start all over. And if I can, could I continue to crop sections of my world map, then convert them over to CC3?

Any advice or help would be extremely appreciated!

I think if you have a look at the profantasy website, they sell extra tutorial books. I'm not sure how you would convert FM maps CC3 unless you could save the FM map as a .dxf file which CC3 could then read.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I think if you have a look at the profantasy website, they sell extra tutorial books. I'm not sure how you would convert FM maps CC3 unless you could save the FM map as a .dxf file which CC3 could then read.
    Well, I would prefer user-made guides and such. Not to mention that I am not going to pay for more of their tutorials, when their first one was so bad that I had to quit midway through and give up on such an expensive program.

And I was sure I read somewhere about converting map. Strange.

Well, I sometimes am willing to make user-specific tutorials. (look to the little window to the left ).

Bear in mind, I don't really want to write a 50 page document, but I AM willing to help out with basic skills.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

If you log in to your registration area on the Profantasy website, there is a free CC3 user manual you can download. It's pretty good and covers all the basics.

Also, they recently put up some really nice video tutorials that you'll find useful - http://www.profantasy.com/community/user_tutorials.asp.