Thread: Banabi Valley

Map Banabi Valley

I didn't actually need to do this, as I have a hand drawn version, but I thought I'd do it just for practice. It's a map of the Banabi Valley from my current L5R campaign.

I'm not really happy with it and I'm having trouble getting nice smooth rivers. Oh, and btw, the weird looking river bits are irrigation canals.

I like how the Doji mon turned out though.

Well, even if you are not happy with it, I like it! It's simple, yet elegant. The font is cool.
    I like the "logo" a lot, or whatever you want to call it (it's not a compass I think?)
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Thanks for the kind words. The logo is the mon (which is basically japanese heraldry) for the Doji Family. I used a basic black and white image of the family mon to make it and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

I don't see any problems with the rivers. I think that they look great. The only thing that stands out to me are the way that the rivers begin in the lower right hand part of the map. It looks like they all start with ponds/lakes, but that may be what was intended.

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

YEAH JAPANESE MAPS!!! Sorry I is excited...

I suggest doing a version that looks like it's done on Rice Paper and throw some Kanji around. maybe do the inking in Sumi'e style. that would be amazing.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)