Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Black Tower - Temple of Nazar

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Wip The Black Tower - Temple of Nazar

OK, seems I'm on a bit of temple kick here lately. I like how this one is coming along.

Nāzar is the God of Strategy, Tactics, Naval Warfare, etc. he is also the patron deity of a race called the Kaardon (picture cross between Klingons & Acroyears) and has recently "stolen" the worship of Hobgoblins away from another deity.

The black circles on either side of the main building are the upper levels above where the altar is located.

The 'chessboard' is a magical artifact used to play a game that is a cross between Chess, Holographic Chess from Star Wars and the video game Archon.

Still quite a bit of work to do and I'm sure there are things that need tweaking.

So as always, take a look and let me know what you think.

UPDATE: Finally able to upload, need to pay better attention to total number of pixels *smacks own forehead* The image quality is not very good at this point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nazar-Temple-WIP.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	8204  
    Last edited by Steel General; 07-09-2010 at 01:34 PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Oh I used to love Archon. Can't wait to see this.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

*bump* just so you know I got the file to upload (even if the rez. is terrible)

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks Ravs...

Uploaded a better resolution image - something weird going on when I change the size.

EDIT: Let's hope this is better. Finally figured out what I was wrong, my re-size settings in Photoshop got wonky on me. Though the game pieces lose a bit of detail still.

Name:	Nazar-Temple-Resize.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	4.20 MB 
ID:	8220  
    Last edited by Steel General; 12-06-2008 at 11:30 AM.

Wip

Latest update: Filled in some of the detail in the 2 upper levels. The one on the left a meeting/conference room, the right the High Priests chamber/bedroom.

Name:	Nazar-Temple-WIP.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	8370  

Thanks Ravs... It took a bit of tweaking with the layer effects to finally get something I was truly happy with. Hopefully I can get this finished this week.

OK, I think I'm going to call this done.

I've added a small smithy to the temple grounds, after all Nazar is a militant deity.

I've also added a low-opacity layer that shows a hint of where the upper levels would be, it casts a bit of a shadow on the game board but otherwise you wouldn't be able to see it at all.

I can supply a version with a hex grid if anyone is interested.

Name:	TheBlackTower-final.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	8474  

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    OK, I think I'm going to call this done.

I've added a small smithy to the temple grounds, after all Nazar is a militant deity.

I've also added a low-opacity layer that shows a hint of where the upper levels would be, it casts a bit of a shadow on the game board but otherwise you wouldn't be able to see it at all.

I can supply a version with a hex grid if anyone is interested.
    Great image! You should think about making a large bellows for the fireplace in the smithy. That little thing you have on the table ain't going to do nothing for helping stoke that fire place....heh...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast