Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First tut results(ish)

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    I do have a question about your layer tut though JR. Not actually about the tut, but the circle you used to demonstrate it.......Just how do you get Gimp to make circles and stuff??? This might be one of those times where I am staring right through what I am looking for, but I never know until it is pointed out.

Use the correct selection tool. I don't have GIMP up right now, but there are both an ellipse and a rectangle selection tool which can both be used with various options. I typically(ie almost always if I can remember!!!) make a path and/or a channel so I can use it later, if nothing else, to use the Path/Channel to selection in case I need to modify it cause its hard to get it exactly the same twice! Anyway... both tools have ways for you to specify exact sizes of your selection, and sometimes I also turn on the snap to grid feature if I need it a certain size, but not in an exact location down to the exact pixel....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Question

so you can specify the area of the select? Cool!!

are paths and channels treated the same as far as usages go?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12