Thread: First tut results(ish)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Wip First tut results(ish)

The first map is the one that I am in the process of making following RobA's tut on regional maps, while the second picture is a picture of water stain on a ceiling tile. I used the stain as the background for this map.

As I have stated in that thread I seem to be the "Bigger Idjut" that finds the holes in the simplest things. I managed to enter in the mountains but keep getting the forests all gummed up. For reasons that I cannot fathom, I seem to keep on getting the mountain bumps tied in with the forest bumps when I am selecting for the forest mask. What am I getting wrong here?

I like the way that the mountains on the main island look at the moment, and want the forests to be located in and around the area on the south west of the island, along with some along the south coast. The island to the west will be covered by forest. (was thinking extinct volcano)

Comments, ideas on my "little problem" always welcome.

Also wondering if there is a way to import the stain into gimp and work on it directly. I have a few others that I could use like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isles.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	8211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1750.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	338.3 KB 
ID:	8212