Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: December Entry: The March of Brian the Foul

Post December Entry: The March of Brian the Foul

Hmm this month challenge idea is about defending a keep located on a plateau. I decided to make it a winter campaign and Brian the Foul will comand a horde of orcs and humans.

The first WiP just shows my first idea of the setup, I placed a tent of the attackers for a scale reference, though I am not sure if I have to scale the thent down a bit more.

Anyways I think I will need quite a few steps to complete this, so this should be fun to watch evoling

As always I hope for some C&C

Ah well and I messed up the title... please change it to December Entry: The March of Brian the Foul
    Thanks

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	December Challenge.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	3.13 MB 
ID:	8239  
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That looks more like rock than snow at the moment to me. I like the plateau though. That should certainly limit the avenues of attack.

I love the black and white feel, and the contrast (I hope you keep it) and I love the name too. With such a great name, I hope you work it into the map. 'Brian the Foul' . For me the name conjures up a comedic anti-hero. I hope this is a map which doesn't take itself too seriously...

it's likes a moon terrain to me,sorry!
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think maybe it needs a bit of a blue tint to show off the snow and/or ice, unless it's just a light covering of snow over rock.

Looking forward to seeing your next update.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

@torstan
    I am not yet finished with the snow overlay for the mountain, though my plans are too add snow mostly to the plateaus and ofc to the buildings.

@ravells
    thanks though I didnt plan to add to much comedy to it

@RobA
    thanks, I fumbled it

@joćo paulo
    the vegetation is missing yet, and the difference between a moonlike and a mountainlike landscape is often the vegetation. Keep an eye on the improvements and tell me if it improves in your eyes

@SG
    I really hope I will make some nice advancements this weekend, as I had no time to do something the last three days
    My Map Challenge Entries

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Wip First Update

Ok, I started to work on the small town.

I thought it is maybe easier to cut off some parts for the WiPs, so its laoding faster for you.

Its just a small update, but it should give you a feeling about the defenders.

Please note, that the snow will be added at the end, when everything else is done.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	December Challenge - update.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	8422  
    My Map Challenge Entries

Wip WiP - next update

Hmm atm I dont have much time on my hands to work on anything I want to :/

So this is just a small update again, I am getting close to finish the village under siege. Gonna call it Nordheim.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	December Challenge.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	837.0 KB 
ID:	8517  
    My Map Challenge Entries

Post Lookin' good so far!

Lookin' good so far! At this rate, you should be done by end of month. Are those tiny skulls I see on some of your buildings?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast