Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: December Entry: River Police Station

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Reminds me a bit of Alexander's sack of Cyprus.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Based on your other thread, I kind of hope you do switch this thread up to do a Battletech siege(complete with backstory!)
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post As a top-down, or as an iso???

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Based on your other thread, I kind of hope you do switch this thread up to do a Battletech siege(complete with backstory!)
    Should I try that as a top-down BT styled map, or keep it in ISO. My only issue is that I'd have to create some more 3D mechs. I created the madcat I'm using for my new avatar, because I 3D modeled that one years ago. But that's the only Mech I've made to 3D.

Either way, however, I'm going to need to create some more Mechs. And all those explosions, laser fire, missles, this might get more complicated than I'd hoped, but alas, such are the tasks I lay before me.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Should I try that as a top-down BT styled map, or keep it in ISO. My only issue is that I'd have to create some more 3D mechs. I created the madcat I'm using for my new avatar, because I 3D modeled that one years ago. But that's the only Mech I've made to 3D.

Either way, however, I'm going to need to create some more Mechs. And all those explosions, laser fire, missles, this might get more complicated than I'd hoped, but alas, such are the tasks I lay before me.

GP
    Well... I am up for either. It's been ages since I have had a chance to play BT, so either way, I would be fine. As you say, doing ISO would be quite a bit more work, but it also may be just the thing to put you over the edge in the competition if you can find the time.
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post How about a grid?

You know what might look cool and give it that map look over 3D illustration is to place a hex grid on the ground surface beneath all those fighting Mechs, while still keeping it ISO. OK, Jfrazierjr - you talked me into it. Now I got think of a new name to change the title of this thread... hmmm.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I would normally say do whatever you think you'll have time for, but since you work at such high-speed (compared to most), I say do what appeals most to you.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Now I got think of a new name to change the title of this thread... hmmm.
    I have always been fond of Metal Mayhem, but I am weird....
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:

Blog Entries

Almost ISO... maybe but definitely top down

Edit -- oh yeah, and not strictly BT either but space marines instead. Close enough tho ?

Post Change the title to this thread, please.

OK, in celebration of my "shiny new badge", could a CL please change the title of this thread to December Entry: River Police Station

This is a Jade Falcon controlled planet. At a river crossing, leading to the "back way" into the military testing facility, the Clan River Police is responsible for maintaining the border 'round back. This is a key crossing as most mechs are unable to walk or jump across anywhere up or down stream for almost 100 miles. Steep mountain canyons surround most of this alpine river. (Don't worry I'll be dreaming up a nice backstory, for now tidbits.)

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Title Changed.
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast