Hello All,

My name is Michael. I just joined this forum. My interest in cartography is for mapping my fantasy world for D&D and stories. I don't have much artistic talent but in the past I have drawn maps by hand. I recently purchased Fractal Terrains and Campaign Cartographer in the hopes that they could help me make some higher quality maps. Unfortunately, the learning curves for these two programs is steeper than I had anticipated and the accompanying manuals are not helping much.

Actually, I haven't played with CC that much yet as I am still trying to figure out FT. I was wondering if anyone here knows of a better Fractal Terrains tutorial that what is provided with the software. Also, is there perhaps an even better program than Fractal Terrains for generating real looking worlds? Because so far the worlds I've generated in FT don't look very real to me. But maybe that's just me not using the right settings.

My ultimate desire is to have my whole world in digital form and when I need regional maps I just zoom in on the required area and generate a new map.