Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New CC3 map of my campaign region

Post New CC3 map of my campaign region

I thought to give you a glimpse of what CC3 is capable of and at the same time ask for comments on the map style i'm trying to build for my new maps. Any comments will be appreciated.

http://patoumonde.com/Images/Maps/18..._1200x1487.JPG

Thanks

Pat
    Last edited by Patrakis; 01-08-2008 at 10:35 AM.
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Are the colors contour based or are they indicative of different terrain, ie forest, mountain? Using the CC3 layer effects to get the gradient effects in the brown and green areas is nice. The color of the rivers does not quite match the rest of the pallete.

Is that the glow effect on your text? On the map I am working on I seem to be getting a 1 pixel outline of the text in the color of the background and then the glow. It ends up looking a little strange when zoomed out, especially if the background color does not match well with the text color.

I really like how clean the map looks, good work.

Dean
    Dean

\"Nonsense, your only saying that because no-one ever has!\"

Hi Dean,

The color indicates the type of vegetation on the terrain. GReen for normal forest, brown for alpine vegetation. I still working on the colors. The different tones of color indicate elevation. Which will become clearer when i had some kind of legend.
    Your comment on the water color is noted.

The effect on the text is effectivelly the glow effect. You can adjust these parameters. I thinkered a lot to get what i wanted exactly.

This map is not yet finished though. I got some very good new ideas after looking a a tool for ARCGIS call spatial analyst. I got to find a way to implement that in my map.

PAt
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

I figured out my problem with the Glow Effect is the anti-aliasing that is being done on screen. When I print the image the one pixel border goes away.

Dean
    Dean

\"Nonsense, your only saying that because no-one ever has!\"

Nice work. It looks like I'll need to pick up a copy of CC3.

Thanks Lorne,

If you liked CC2 and you were proficient with it, you are gonna love CC3. It's the best of both worlds in combining vector drawing with raster effect.

I love it.

Glad you found the source of your problem dean. I might have time to work on the map tonight

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patrakis
    If you liked CC2 and you were proficient with it, you are gonna love CC3. It's the best of both worlds in combining vector drawing with raster effect.
    I'll take your advice. My wife was just asking me what I'd like as a Father's Day gift . . .

Had i been (grammar?) a patient man, That is exactly what i would have wished for

PAt
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Well,

I think i am pretty close to where i wanted to go with this map. Here is the final results.:

Valedale: http://patoumonde.com/Images/Maps/18..._1200x1487.JPG

Pat
    Last edited by Patrakis; 01-08-2008 at 10:36 AM.
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Professional Artist

It's amazing work, Pat. Really great use of the new cc3 features. I like it a lot!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast