Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Garnok region of Baldimar

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Ok... hopefully, the final title change, since you guys were so interested in it. heh...
    Such mysterious magical title-changing powers you possess...

Good luck on the campaign! It's a great idea to give the players an intentionally inaccurate map!
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Very nice style of mapping.

I wonder how the town (if there is one) will look like.

There will be several towns, but I am not sure where or when I will get to them. I have a few more landscape elements to put in before I begin the final clean up to add the towns and such. There will be one on the water as well as a few inland along with perhaps a tower or two. I plan to make then stylized as if a ISO view as everything else is, but have to find or make the right icons for that somewhere....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Very interesting

BTW: There was a cliff mentioned. Where was it?

Quote Originally Posted by IngIngsvar View Post
    Very interesting

BTW: There was a cliff mentioned. Where was it?
    Upper left corner between the water and the mountains. I think I will expand it and make it run most of the length of the top of the image.
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Joe, I love the changes to the forest and the new forest! Excellent and I love to see that the effect worked out great and ended up improving the other forest. Well done.

I am really interested to see how you are going to pull of the towns in a similar style. Maybe create a "typical building brush" and then use the same technique?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

That is so pretty. I love the softness to it. I also really like your forest. The lines suggest the outline of trees really well without being overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Joe, I love the changes to the forest and the new forest! Excellent and I love to see that the effect worked out great and ended up improving the other forest. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by lisze View Post
    That is so pretty. I love the softness to it. I also really like your forest. The lines suggest the outline of trees really well without being overwhelming.
    Thanks to you both!

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    I am really interested to see how you are going to pull of the towns in a similar style.
    Umm yea... I am really interested to see how I pull it off also....
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:

I have been absent from the forums for what feels like forever -- and it'll take me about that long to catch up!

Joe, I want to tell you how much I like the way this map of yours is progressing. I really like how you did the mountains (and i now have the tutorial bookmarked for later reading!). I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes out!
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by StillCypher View Post
    I have been absent from the forums for what feels like forever -- and it'll take me about that long to catch up!

Joe, I want to tell you how much I like the way this map of yours is progressing. I really like how you did the mountains (and i now have the tutorial bookmarked for later reading!). I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes out!

Welcome back!

Thanks! It's going really slow, but I am glad you like it and hope you can get something out of the tutorial. It is slow going with work and other stuff going on, so I will get around to finishing this map at some point....
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast