Thread: First CC3 map - Sharnalon Eastern Reaches

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post First CC3 map - Sharnalon Eastern Reaches

I've spent a little time working on this map both in preparation for a new campaign and to get the feel of CC3. I've still got a bit of work to do on it, considering I skipped contours...there's no foothills, and some things still aren't labelled or properly represented. But what do you all think thus far?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Very nice!! I think the texture of the water is a little 'off', but all in all I like what you've done so far.

I really enjoy seeing new maps made with CC3.

Very nice Arcana.

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Blog Entries

Been working on it a bit...I'm sure you all saw the CC2 forums...So all the big feedback is there. Here's the updates...I decided to keep the Sharnalon Delta's. I like it.

Blog Entries

I thought a proper description was in order for this site so here goes.

The Kingdom (or potentially empire, I haven't decided yet) of Sharnalon, also known as the Eastern Reaches, rests on the coast of Arsala. It consists of a lot of flat lands/plains with some mixed forest. The kingdom itself is buffeted by two bays that offer some protection from bad weather off the Aregean. The bays are protected by small land strips that are primarily inhabited by fishing villages.

There is a clan of Dwarves in the Eastpeak mountains that is friendly with the Sharnalon Kingdom. There are two elven kingdoms sharing the space of the Felnorns within the kingdom and they are also friendly with the sharnalon kingdom.

The reign of the king is marked by the blurry yellow dotted line. There are some chaotic lands in the desert to the west...

Any comments?

Consider blurring the water contours. Everything else looks great!

Awesome, those changes are great. As you say, the CC2-L list has helped a lot with ideas. I like your delta and was wondering if we zoomed in more, to actually SEE it - would there be even smaller trubutaries heading out to sea?

In our campaign we have a river that is quite odd... 2 main streams come down from the mountains to join and make a wider river, then a couple of mles downstream we have a rok that is coming up out of the stream called shark-fin (quess what it looks like) and this slips the river back into 2 and off they go on their separate ways. Admittedly different, but we like it

Blog Entries

This is mostly final I think...I may end up doing a little more labelling and possibly some DM only info stuff...but the map is pretty much done. Hope ya'll like it

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana
    This is mostly final I think...I may end up doing a little more labelling and possibly some DM only info stuff...but the map is pretty much done. Hope ya'll like it
    Looks good! Maybe you could lighten the drop shadows a shade or two (they seem a bit dark to me) and look into a more medieval style font for the text labels, but otherwise it seems ready to be the first entry in the Finished Maps forum.

--

Dalton "who is quite amazed by your creativity" Spence

I like that, too.
    It's interesting to see this new beautiful CC3 style and the new - pretty cool symbold in action. I hope I have some sort of these maps ready soon, too.

Keep up that good work. It's amazing.
    Come to where the kobolds are...
    www.dnd-gate.de - The German D&D Community