Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Post Help!

I just purchased campaign carotographer 2.. I've had a decent amount of experience with Dundjinni and Fractal Mapper, so CC2 is a bit new but familiar.

I'm having trouble using custom symbol sets however... in the sense of "how the heck do you get them to show up in game?"

The instructions, as far as I can tell, have been of little help.

Also, I was wondering if Profantasy has any official forums? I notice the CC2 information is a bit... all over the place.

The website is quite nice, btw.... Great feel.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No profantasy doesn't have any forums, but they do have a mailing list...I created this site primarily to address that, glad ya like it! spread the word!

As for your problem...when yous ay custom symbols sets, do you mean like symbols you downlad from other sites or symbols you yourself have made or are making?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I'm already linking here as the primary place for cartography talk. I run a website for Neverwinter Nights 2 called NWCitadel. The new Neverwinter (due in September) is going to allow the use of custom worldmaps so mapping is suddenly a hot topic and I'm trying to collect some resources and hone my own skills so I can help people, perhaps write a few tutorials.

I am perpetually amazed at for as many software suites there are for mapping, how few good tutorials or resources are out there for it. I was not particularly pleased when I purchased CC2 today to find out that had forgone their classic, huge manual (so that you could purchase it seperately! Which, I sadly did) to give you a tiny one instead.

At any rate, I downloaded a package from the Profantasy site (the 2003 symbol catalog item: SC3 WCOLGSHELL ) which in turn gave me a *.fsc file.

Now, I know where all the other libraries are that are default, but I really just have no clue how to install new libraries. Simply placing them in the directory doesn't seem to do much (I put it in cc2\Symbols\Other\ )

Thanks!

This is a pic of the button you want to click on. Once the open window appears just navigate to the fsc file and open it. All the symbols will appear in the symbol bar. Hope that helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Exactly what I needed, thank you!

You are welcome. Glad I could help.

Guild Novice

Are there any tutorials for creating your own symbols?

Basically I altered the png files for a few of the existing symbols in CC3 and I cannot find anything explaining how to create a symbol with CC3.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually the help file that comes with CC3 does a pretty good job of explaining the process...but its not as easy to find as I woudl like it to be...

search for symbols in the help and look for importing pngs
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Novice

Thanks, will try that when I get home.

Also, is there anyway to alter a land mass once you place it?

My problem is that I'll draw my landmass and get it exactly how I want it. Then decide I want to change the bitmap it's filled with or put an outline on it but edit properties wont update the currently placed landmass. I have to redraw it completely.

Forgive my newbness but I can't RtfM because there isn't one yet and the help file tells me to do things and when I try them they don't work.

Indeed you can. You can use the node edit commands, and the Edit properties button. Also, you may need to do a manual redraw before you see the changes that you have made. The redraw button is on the right side where the zoom buttons are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast