Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 4e Adventure for my Players

Getting a jump on that new style promised for next year's Annual, are ya? Very nice! I like the approach you chose for the forests.

Are you doing a post-apocalypse thing here? I notice your railway runs through a ruin and doesn't terminate at a settlement, which raises some questions. Apologies if that was covered in your module pdf; I didn't read it.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Getting a jump on that new style promised for next year's Annual, are ya? Very nice! I like the approach you chose for the forests.

Are you doing a post-apocalypse thing here? I notice your railway runs through a ruin and doesn't terminate at a settlement, which raises some questions. Apologies if that was covered in your module pdf; I didn't read it.
    Yes and No on the post Apocalypse thing. From my Campaign's Wiki for my group:

During the height of the Empire's days, the majority of Aeirglos was under the rule of the Empire, with only the upper north western, and far western portions remaining independent from the Empire's Rule.

The Empire of Karhielorhn fell into ruin approximately 250 years ago, and had a level of technology that rivaled anything known today. With the collapse of the empire, the humanoid hordes soon overran the scattered human settlements.

The Empire's infrastructure was based almost entirely on a reliance of contained elementals (earth elementals for construction & mining, water elementals for sewage & irrigation, Fire elementals for heating, smelting, Air elementals for transport). Eventually this huge reliance collapsed, resulting in the destruction of the capital of Branshoon. Larger cities were able to hold of most of the hordes, and soon fell into city states. Somehow the collapse of Branshoon lead to the release of the elemental that the empire relied upon.

At this time, a huge vortex of unknown magical energy surrounds occupies the sky above where Branshoon stood, and is visible from about a hundred miles out of the city. No one has ever reported entering the vortex to discern what lies beyound.
    So, there were railways, maintain through elemental forces. However, in the intervening years, most remnants have been swept sway (bridges over the river washed away in floods, the metal scavanged etc. In this case, the rail system within the woods still exists and the players can find an ancient engine with the bound elemental still within so they can use it to go to the next encounter.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Wow, nice stuff NeonKnight. Be sure to post it around the net when you're done.

Say hi to everyone in Burnaby for me. I used to live and game there.
    Johnn Four
    Roleplaying Tips E-zine
    Campaign Mastery blog

A new 'Local' map for the adventure I am writing. On Saturday the players should step through the Fey Gate and find themselves now stranded in the Feywild, so to show the differences between the Mortal world and the Feywild, I attach a copy of the Feywild Echo of my campaign Area (see map above)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZehirMapFeyWild.PNG 
Views:	154 
Size:	3.78 MB 
ID:	10554  

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Annyeong haseyo NeonKnight.

I like the idea of having different maps for the mortal, feywild and shadowfell versions of the same area. Maybe using different sheet effects to give them twisted atmospheres, like vivid colours for the FeyWild and more greyish tones for the Shadowfell?

I do not know why, and I can not articulate it properly, but IMHO something makes that the water (river, lake, and sea) does not blend in as beautifully as for example the hills or montains. Did you use the standard drawing tools from the Annual... I am currently considering to subscribe, so I would appreciate your feedback on the February issue.

Apart from this, best of luck to your players!

Your scroll also needs a bit of attention - you can see right through the bottom roll.

Thanks. I was using the standard palete/tools from the annual (except the Rivers, at my scale (only a couple of hundred miles), they did not blend well, and will probably change them up a bit. That aside, i cannot say enough about the annual. I honestly believe it is well worth it's price.

As to the scroll, not mine, but I will look into it, to see if it can be 'fixed'

Hmm...
    Zoomed out your map looks really cool, but at 100% zoom I am not that enthusiastic anymore. Not a big fan of the style of the forests and ridges.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Yep, I hear yeah Gandwarf. I have not seen a style that impresses me 100% yet, that I don;t tinker with (I'm just a little short on Time.

I think I am gonna redo the forests a bit, and maybe redo the spines on the mountains (make them a little thinner and give them a blur effect to cut down the contrast). And again, it coule be the fact that I am doing it at a scale of not 1000 x 1000 miles, but rather at a scale of 200 x 350 miles.

OK, so I did a little tweaking, and I think it is much improved (for the scale).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZehirMapFeyWild.PNG 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	10568  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast