Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: December Entry: Time to flee Skaro

Blog Entries

Thanks Darken for the good criticisms they are useful and I agree that the cave sides were a bit naff. I also don't like the lackluster techno junk but its hard to make that. The Daleks look too real for the artsy map style but I have been known to mix styles quite broadly in the past too. I have been busy of late what with the holidays and what not so I doubt ill get spare time to fix up the map too much.

I think overall I was not as happy with it as I would have liked but it was boosted by some excellent Dalek models and stuff that I didn't actually make myself. I should have stuck to my guns and used my own script for the walls instead of doing them by hand again and also I wished that I had done the shadows in a layer in ViewingDale instead of using a paint app and modifying the bitmap with layer effects then I could have changed it a bit more easily. I think those two things would have been less effort and quicker plus given more flexibility later on when Davros the model became available.

Blog Entries

Oh yes on the Dalek + Cyberman issue I asked and he wasn't sure either and thought maybe with the 'Death to the Daleks' ep. But searching I cant find any ref to Cybermen in that ep or any other with both so I cant help I am afraid. The first seems from my limited ability to find out is the 2005 one with the fight between the two. Or possibly where they find just the head of a Cyberman when the Dalek breaks loose in the London private museum collection. I have to admit tho the thought of both together in an old episode does seem familiar to me too. It might be before my time and I have seen a clip or maybe it was a series of clips cut together where they were next to each other. There was a Dalek ep followed by a Cyberman story which is in fact the 'Genensis of the Daleks' ep of this map followed by 'Revenge of the Cybermen'.

Thats the best I can come up with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123