Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Katharine Kerr's Deverry

Guild Applicant

An excellent map, I'm halfway through the final book of the series and the last two books do not contain maps, but do refer to territory that mentions a northern coast and various areas such as the 'Ghost Plain' and the Lake of the Leaping Trout.

Love the map! I actually registered on this site just so I can view it! I love the Kerr Deverry books and have always been a fan of fantasy books with maps in them. I just finished the last book and started the series again from the beginning and wanted to have a map to follow along with. Thanks again!

Heh, this is practially the only Map related to the Deverry Cycle I've been able to find on the net. I would have thought a series that's lasted for more than 20 years would leave more traces.

Excellent map!
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking very good - nice clear map. My only criticism are the town names - they are a little big and therefor dominates the map a little. I would like to see them with a smaller font. A good way to go is to enlarge the font as the place described is bigger ... so towns really small, cities bigger, then rivers, hills and forrests and then mountains. (generally speaking).
    Concidering the proposed river violation in the bottom left I think the idea is that the river starts in a lake and empties out into the ocean, that would be allright - although one could argue - where does the lake get new water from?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Well, spring-fed lakes are actually incredibly common, so I don't see a problem with that at all. Now, talk about a series with some river violations - I toyed with doing Midkemia (Feist) for this month's challenge and gave up on it because the river violations were driving me crazy.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Well, spring-fed lakes are actually incredibly common, so I don't see a problem with that at all. Now, talk about a series with some river violations - I toyed with doing Midkemia (Feist) for this month's challenge and gave up on it because the river violations were driving me crazy.
    *lol*.... haven't read those in many many years, way before I knew what a river violation was... which was last summer
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

what is this ?? even my 6 years old nephew can do better....

just kidding..... great work. very nice map.

really like the map, like a few others I only joined the forum to see it! now we need a second map that will show Cerr Cawnen and the West lands please. Not to be too demanding or anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12