Thread: Country of Brenham

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Post Country of Brenham

This map was created for averykrouse (see this thread in the request forum) for his Brenham campaign setting.

This pretty much follows my normal style except for the cities, etc. which I decided to give a try at using graphics found in the CivFanatics creation forums.

It could probably use a bit more work, but the requester seemed quite happy with it and had already posted it to his site, so I think I'll leave it as is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brenham.jpg 
Views:	917 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	8472  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Praise OOOOoooo!!

Hello, Steel General.

WOW! I can see that I have quite a ways to go before I can even HOPE to match the talent I am viewing hereat CG!

Your map is totally awesome! I am so very impressed with it. I love the way you've used "real world" placeholders for your villages, towns and notable landmarks. Very well done, indeed!

I am especially taken by your use of the graphics you found at CivFanatics. I shall have to check out that site to see if I can find similar grahics to use. I'm having the dickens of a time finding some good tree, mountain, flatland, farmland, etc. textures to use.

Thank you for sharing this jewel. It really is very nice and very well done.

Regards,

Gary
    In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.
    © May 29, 1980

@Vandy - Thanks very much for your comments.

Regarding graphics, textures, etc. there are numerous sites out there that have excellent textures. Some of the ones I use often are Spiral Graphics (they have a free viewer that lets you do some basic re-rendering) and CGTextures. I beleive there is a thread full of links in the Mapping Resources area.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Which mod you get those icons from? I've only got 3 gigs of space left on my hard drive so I don't wanna DL a bunch of junk just to get to the good stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I just pulled them from the Download Forums, they've got things organized quite a bit better. That way I didn't have to download a whole mod to get what I wanted.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Guess I'll have to poke thru the forums some more. I generally use the Warhammer, Fall from Heaven, and Blue Marble mods for inspiration although there are some good sci-fi and WW2 mods.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I'm fairly sure at least one or two of those were in the Civ III Warhammer mod, I played that quite a bit.