Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Introducing Kimarnock's Ruhba -- Vandy's first CG Map

Blog Entries

Nach & bummer.

I don't own any of those apps that fail. You will need someone with Vista64 I guess then. I have never had any issues at all with any installation on this XPx64 yet people keep saying how 64 bit is flaky with stuff like this and registry and so on. My conclusion is that its a Vista problem not a 64 bit problem but it could be the combo of both too I guess.

Wip I've made ... some progress

Hi, All.

Thought I'd check in with you and let you know that I've purchased Photoshop Elements 7 and will be using that along with GIMP and Paint Shop Pro as my graphics editing software.

I've finally gotten back to my city map and have completed ALL my buildings -- both the "mass" buildings and the individual buildings.

I know that I have yet to "build" the castle as well as "clean up" the city walls and roads so give me some time yet.

Here is the map to date:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kilmarnock's Ruhba - Main & Single Buildings (26-MAR-09).jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	715.6 KB 
ID:	11758

As always, any comments and / or constructive criticism is appreciated and actively solicitated.

Enjoy.

Regards,

Gary
    In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.
    © May 29, 1980

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Glad to see you 'back in the saddle' Vandy
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip Update -- All Buildings Done

Hi, All.

I'm so embarrassed that I haven't finished this map yet. It seems like I've been working on it forever. I just got to get a better handle on the available time I have. It seems that whenever I get some free time something else comes up and snatches it up.

I've finally finished "erasing in" all my buildings. Boy is THAT a time-consuming process!

My next step is to start on the castle. I may wait on that and do the city walls next.

Here is the latest WIP of my city map:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kilmarnock's Ruhba - Buildings & Minor Roads (24-APR-09).jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	12826

Enjoy.

Regards,

Gary
    In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.
    © May 29, 1980

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Sucks when 'real life' gets in the way of mapping, doesn't it?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Time consuming...yes; looking real good...yes.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

God almighty, that erasing process must have taken ages.

If your buildings are on a seperate layer might be worth putting a black stroke around them in the layer styles. if the tiny roads are too tiny, you could upscale the size of the image so the one pixel stroke doesn't obscure the roads...just a thought.

It's looking really fabulous....keep going!!!

sorry, couldn't resist, I just had to put a one pixel stroke and an inner glow around ten thousand buildings at the click of a magic wand. Hope you don't mind me playing with your map. Had to kill the resolution for filesize though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vandy2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	12898  

Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    ...just had to put a one pixel stroke and an inner glow around ten thousand buildings at the click of a ...
    This isn't an attempt to hijack this thread, but Ravells, what are you talking about right there? I looked at the two images and I like what you did to his map - is there a tutorial or something you can direct me to?

On another note - I am really looking forward to seeing this turn out. I have been following this thread since the beginning.

Ok...silly questions in case they were covered...

Acrobat and Illustrator do some weird things when installing. Did you have antivirus turned off, and make sure that ANY programs that might reference acrobat/PDFS were closed?

In Vista, you often have to run setup files (or anything that accesses the Program Files directories (either of them) in admin mode to work. Did you try that?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345