Thread: Temple to the God of the Seas

Post Temple to the God of the Seas

Only because SG, posted his temple map, that I'm doing this now.

(Note: I almost never post maps in here, often before I decide a map is finished and I'm working on a new one and don't even think about the old one.)

So here we go, this is the Sargoseum, Temple to the God of the Seas. It is intended as an Iron Crown Enterprises Map Contest entry. Its already sliced into PDF format and posted on I.C.E. Map contest page.

I created this using Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2, as well as using Nendo/Raydream to create the 3D models of the statues placed in the shrine. This very much follows the style of my previous temple entry - my October Challenge 07 map.

The link to the WIP thread is here...
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3451

Most of my designs are intended for large format print scale - this map is even bigger than what my printer can produce, but that's because it was formatted to fit a sliced PDF file, which is its current state at I.C.E. It measures 46" x 39" - sliced into 24 (?) 8 x 10 inch pieces.

Here's what it looks like, in case you haven't seen the WIP thread...

GP

PS: I've been trying to upload this for 3 days, with constant failure, but for some reason, it worked this time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sargoseum.jpg 
Views:	700 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	8568  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-19-2008 at 10:24 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Very impressive work, GP. I am trying to picture this map printed and players having a battle there.
    I love those small maps on the table. I think I recognize some

One thing I couldn't help thinking: the coins on the table on the opposite of the map could be more shiny. But hey, I am a loot ninja.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Post Those are pennys

Those coins were just pennies thrown on my flatbed scanner. I didn't want them to look like pennies, so I darkened them slightly to look different!

Yes, 3 of those maps in the cartography chamber are other maps of mine posted here. I thought that was a fun added touch!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Just: Wow!