Thread: Build your own trebuchet!

Link Build your own trebuchet!

Be careful not to hit his head

Hands to Work!
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Fun. I built one out of Lego once. It hurled square blocks about eight feet.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Journeyer

I built a few while in scouts. The leaders would let us go off and work on projects while we were at camp, and not really watch what we were doing too closely. That changed after we flung a half tonne rock about 100m.

You would think they would have questioned a group of 14-16 year old teenagers asking if they can cut down trees that were wider than they were. Good thing the farmer that owned the land had wanted to clear a road anyway, gave us an excuse to cut whole trees. Waste not, want not.

Good times, good times.

We were never allowed to build anything without plans and detailed descriptions of what it was after that.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'll have to try this out and fling glass around.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Nice RobA! Looks like it was an educational trip as well.

My son will get to build a catapult or trebuchet in his high school manufacturing courses as part of the physics class. I can't wait to see that project come to fruition. Naturally we'll have to test it out on stuff.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.