Thread: The World of Hyboria - hand-drawn

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip The World of Hyboria - hand-drawn

Well no WIP, yet - not even a placeholder, however... my next "personal project" will be the accurate, artistically rendered recreation of Conan's World of Hyboria, based on this map.

Its not a commission job, its just my initiative on something that currently does not exist. There's a long discussion and facts on essays by Conan scholars on what is accurate of Hyboria, on the Mongoose Publishing Forums... http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/forum.php (There doesn't seem to be a way for me save a short-cut link to the exact page) Go to the Conan Forum, and the I Like This Map thread.

I plan to use much of the style, though different mountains and hills, as my September Challenge Map - Archean Trade League. The mountains and hills will be more traditional upsidedown "V"s and flattened "U"s, with hand-shading and my own style.

If Mongoose Publishing wants it, great, but I'm going to start after the first of the year. As I mentioned towards the end of that thread, it might also be cool to continue the hand-drawn style and create Kingdom by Kingdom regional maps of at least Western Hyboria.

Might get me some Conan noteriety, if nothing else, maybe!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-20-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations