Thread: Lorvena: The Firewoods

Post Lorvena: The Firewoods

Okay,
    I've read the Readme Topic here but since my map is an older one and it is so far finished like it should be I guess I can post it in here and not in that WIP/Critique Thread.
    Hope that's okay for you all. If not, please just move the thread

all right, here we go
    As I said before "The Firewoods" Map is an older one from me, I think it is 3 or 4 years old now. I used to draw it for my own world called "Lorvena" but I must admit, since Eberron came out I am just playing in Eberron and Lorvena is laid "ad acta"
    Nevertheless I like this map and perhaps someone out there has a use for it.

Here is a jpg:
    Firewoods Jpeg

The FCW is here.
    Come to where the kobolds are...
    www.dnd-gate.de - The German D&D Community

Interesting. What are the red 'bumps'? Are those treetop symbols or something else? It is hard to see details on the jpg, and I don't have CC2 on this computer.

A very interesting concept, and I'm also curious to know what the red symbols represent.

Thanks for the links,

Lorne

Guild Applicant

Very nice map and you've evidently done a lot of work on it as well as thinking through the lay of the land. I also can't figure out the red bumps. I can't figure out the scale bare on the left side - the numbers and colors don't correspond with each other from what I can tell. Maybe adding a legend or something would be of help. I'm not picking but if you were looking for comments or ideas then you might also want to darken/widen the boundaries that separate the kingdoms.

All in all, I'm jealous as I haven't gotten one to look that good yet and yours is an inspiration to keep trying. Thanks for sharing.

Kyralae

Hi together

sorry for replying so late, but I was busy because of the Football World Championship which happened in my country (germany) and after that I was off to vacations for some weeks

okay here is the conclusion to the red dots.

The area you see on the map is called "The Firewoods". It is a hugh forest which is lying in a part of my own made d&d world Lorvena, on which I worked a lot some years ago. (due to lack of time and the appearence of Eberron I laid the world ad acta now). The region of firewoods has a speciality which is marked through the red dots in teh map - the firetrees. These trees happen to have some sort of fire immunity and they are almost not burnable (except perhaps with extremly mighty fire magic) liek normal wood would be. These trees have grown wildly but intense within in the whole Firewood-Forest and they are definetely a mark of this area, since the people and creatures who live in that area, are used to using these woods for protection and so on. These trees are in all Lorvena unique only in this forest.

When I drew the map some years ago, I thought about, how I could best present thes firetrees withing the woods and after some testing I decides that these "red caps" or "dots" like you called them, would be a good thing.

@Kyralae:
    thanks for the tips btw. If I ever have the time workling again on this maps (and the world) I will try to fix those problems - perhaps I will do so even though I don't use the world anymore.

hmmm, thinking about that, I could enhance the map with some of the new CC3 features and symbols. I will test ist sometime, I think. At the moment I am working on another map and that will take a while, though - as I said - my time is spare.

I get it now. Thank you for the clarification. Should have been able to figure it out from the title.

no problem, your welcome