First, greetings to everyone here. I've spent the last few days browsing the many different types of mapping software available. Admire some of the work you guys have put in. Some great stuff out there.

I've been an avid gamer in one fashion or another for most of my years on this earth and will always search for time to continue that enjoyment.

I had a question to ask of you, because I currently do not own any of the software. I was thinking of purchasing CC3 or one of the others as a gift my Dad, who is coming closer and closer to retirement. He is currently working on getting a rule system setup that can be used interchangeably (for the most part) between tabletop war games and a role playing environment. I've seen many maps designed for D&D type games, but is the software also compatible for more war game type maps? Also, is it possible to just say, import an image and add hex's and use it as a map?

Hope that is somewhat clear. I actually find this all very interesting and look forward to when I have some spare cash around for myself to get a copy of one of these.

Thanks for any input, and hello again to all.