Thread: Hello and my first attempts.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hello and my first attempts.

HI, im Edd im from the UK and I mainly do web coding with php & sql.As for gaming I like RPGs of all kinds from console to tabletop and have dabbled in many different games.

Im writing my own web site, just as a learning tool really, but the site is going to be based on rpgs. Like a forum/chat rpg system with built in material. The main problem I have is graphics and so whilst hunting around for tutorials and help for me to start learning web design & rpg art I came across this site. So after reading my first tutorial for regional maps heres my first attempts.

I used gimp for these, I have inkscape too but ill probly use that for icons and closer pictures like building plans.

Any comments welcome, im a gimp noob but have learn't a few nice techniques from the tutorial so thanks go to the dude that did that.

EDIT:

I would also like to find out if there is a way of editing the patterns in inkscape. Ive been playing with a bench and would like a greyscale pattern in the style of wood to make texture layers from.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FirstAttempt_Preview.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	8670   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SecondAttempt_Preview.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	8671  
    Last edited by SteadyEdd; 12-24-2008 at 08:04 AM.