Thread: Map of my GM's D&D region - Sederia

Post Map of my GM's D&D region - Sederia

Here is the portion of my GM's D&D world we happen to know about. This map was made in Fractal Mapper sometime early last year, long before I started hanging out around here on a regular basis. It was made entirely with Vector symbols and a small number of textures applied. He had originally made his map with Campaign Mapper, a stripped down version of CC1 from around 12 years ago (or perhaps more) and since he used bitmap graphics, the zooming in was rather heavily pixelatted.

There is no scale bar as I did not put one, but to give you an idea, Myrevia is about 300 miles from Hyrule( funny story this... he made the map and forgot to name a few of the places.... so the players ended up making up the name for this city and it stuck...). Anyway, while Fractal Mapper has it's uses(very nice for dungeon or battle map creation!!!), I wanted something a bit more artsy and less symbol based, which is why I joined here and started using GIMP. The other things I DO like about FM is the linkable maps and the zoom context... ie, objects can be shown or hidden depending on your current zoom level on the map so that you can get more detail as you zoom in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sedaria.png 
Views:	1428 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	8723  
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I have Campaign Mapper, it came with one of the Core Ruleset CD's. It was pretty good for its time.

Anyway, this map appeals to me for some reason, not sure why but it does.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.