Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is scribe?

Guild Member

Question What is scribe?

I've been noticing that there are descriptions under everybody's user name. What generates these and how do they work? Right now, I'm a "scribe." What does that mean?

Most forums have those. It's a rank based on your number of posts (mostly) and the forum admin can change the name of the rank to anything. I'm a 1D12 in my gaming clubs forum...

Guild Member

Thank you. I've been curious.

[shows how many forums I post on regularly!]

Post I was a scribe once...

Yes, its the rank of posts, and this forum uses cartographic titles. I'm a Master Cartographer, which is based on posts only, though I'd like to think that I'm a master cartographer anyway!

GP

PS: plus notice the little green pip or square below the reputation amount. A blue square means - nobody has Repped you, and you're an unknown quantity in the forum. A green square means you've been Repped at least once. You get additional green squares for each 100 points of REP given to you. Also when you point your mouse the pips - a little description hints at the REP energy coming off you. These are other sorts of rankings.

Other titles of course are for winning a monthly challenge, earning 5 "5 star" ratings on a tutorial you post, getting selected for a Cartographers' Choice posting, and a couple oddball ones, that you get based on things you've done. I've also got the River Police badge - for pointing geologically unsound rivers placed on maps posted here.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-28-2008 at 07:48 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Ok, since we have a master among us, can you explain the badges and other titles for a novice?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Yes, its the rank of posts, and this forum uses cartographic titles. I'm a Master Cartographer, which is based on posts only, though I'd like to think that I'm a master cartographer anyway!

GP

PS: plus notice the little green pip or square below the reputation amount. A blue square means - nobody has Repped you, and you're an unknown quantity in the forum. A green square means you've been Repped at least once. You get additional green squares for each 100 points of REP given to you. Also when you point your mouse the pips - a little description hints at the REP energy coming off you. These are other sorts of rankings.

Other titles of course are for winning a monthly challenge, earning 5 "5 star" ratings on a tutorial you post, getting selected for a Cartographers' Choice posting, and a couple oddball ones, that you get based on things you've done. I've also got the River Police badge - for pointing geologically unsound rivers placed on maps posted here.
    You will be a master cartographer when you finish the Japanese set!

Post Of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    Ok, since we have a master among us, can you explain the badges and other titles for a novice?
    Of course! I have most of the available badges, and should soon be getting a Cartographers' Choice Badge and be pretty much complete...

The compass (looks like a round shield) is for winning a monthly challenge.

The open book with the quill above it, is for earning a 5 star rating by 5 voters for a tutorial award. Just because you post a tutorial doesn't give you this award. Five people have to recognize it as a great tutorial.

The open scroll award is for getting selected as a Cartographers' Choice post.

The River Police Badge - is given by "Police Chief" RobA, for those he recognizes as pointing out when a river has some geological anamoly which it can't have in real life - like forking a river downstream with two rivers reaching the sea, etc..

The only other Badge, that I'm aware of is the "Delgondontaleus Faux Pas" Award, which only one has been given (to Del, of course) for performing such a blunder that you get an award for it.

Del, a community leader, posted the September Monthly but didn't include about 5 entries that should have been, so after three days of voting, the entire thing was scratched to include all entries and a revote had to occur. That blunder earned him the "DFP" award. He supposed to pass it on to someone else makes a similar major bonehead act! So you don't want that award!

As far as I know that it!

Sidenote: the more REP you have, the more REP you can give. REP giving is based on your own REP, plus the number of years as a member, plus the number of total posts. The more you post, the Rep you get and the longer you're here, the more REP you can give to somebody else.

GP

PS: all I need is 4 more points of REP and I can REP anyone for 6 points!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Yep, Gameprinter pretty much got the crux of it. He is also listed under his name (a pastel light blue) as being an Industry Professional, because, well, his job, his income comes from ding this stuff. We also have the likes as Profantasy's Folks coming in from time to time, or Those from Dundjinni, or even folks who do maps for various gaming companies.

Ravells and myself and a few others all have BRIGHT BLUE names, as we are forum leads, and no longer get the monkers of Scribe or Master Mapper, etc anymore.

Finally, Arcana, our illustrious leader has a GOLD name and is the owner of this little forum.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks.
    Lucky bastards getting paid to do this!
    I could spend all day drawing maps too, gimme a commission

I guess I'll have to get on the challenges and write up some tuts. I want some nifty badges and titles!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The best part about all of this is that we're not an "exclusive" club
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast