Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is scribe?

Guild Member

That's my favorite part, for sure.

Thank you for the explanations. I sort of jumped in the deep end (no lurking before joining).

Post No worries!

No worries, we at the Guild prefer participants over lurkers any day!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Post I think you will be getting commissions!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    Thanks.
    Lucky bastards getting paid to do this!
    I could spend all day drawing maps too, gimme a commission

I guess I'll have to get on the challenges and write up some tuts. I want some nifty badges and titles!
    Hoel, from what I've seen of your work so far - you certainly have the chops for doing maps professionally and getting paid for it. Its really a matter of participating in monthly challenges (you don't have to win, but you have to have a good showing when you do participate,) posting lots of maps here, and probably visiting other RPG sites and posting maps there as well.

Periodically, we get requests for commission work through the Map Requests forum at the bottom of the Forum Index page. Some want free maps, and its still worth it for the practice to mapping to another's direction. Many times, big name publishers post requests as well, and these are paid gigs. Often a private user/game master wants a map of his world and is willing to pay for it, I do plenty of that as well.

Once you get published your on your way to becoming a pro.

So start posting, and participating in challenges, as well as looking for any map requests - getting paid for this is not as hard as you think.

Doing it full-time, that's tough though. I run Gamer-Printshop a digital printing company that specializes in printing full color maps in large format, I also do commission maps for large and small publishers - that's why I have the gray "industry professional" title.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thanks for the pep talk. I'll do just that.

Do you deliver prints to Sweden?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12