• The Seige of Santa's Village - by cereth

0 0%
  • The Siege of Dreeston - by torstan

1 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: December Challenge Voting - VOTE FOR TWO

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

My votes went to Sagenlicht and Ascension with Bohunk's a very, very close third.

I know Ascensions wasn't quite finished but the idea behind it was great, tying in the holiday's with the map was very imaginative.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Had to give my votes to Bohunk and SG simply for the fact that they complied with the challenge guidelines the closest. I liked all of the entries very much, but when it came down to picking the winners I had to go with the guidelines.

It wasn't as a big a turn out as in previous challenges, but the quality was still quite high, and everyone certainly deserves some credit for getting in entries during this essentially short month. Congrats to everyone!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Rough month to participate, so kudos to all who did!

I went with Sagenlicht's and Bohunks, but SG's was a close third in my opinion. I will give my un-asked for C&C later (prolly tomorrow).

Great entries all around!
    Something witty and pithy

I voted for Sagen and Steel's maps. Nice visuals on both.

Guild Member

I voted for sagenlicht's and Bryguys. I saw the smaller and the larger forces and the map themselves were amazing to me. Not that most of the entries didn't get a wow from me, but I liked those two best.

steel general for a story like presentation that allows one to see events happening. I like it. Not a style I'd be very good at I think and maybe that is the appeal.

Gamer printer got my other simply because I like the perspective. I love me a good birds eye view map, and his landscape is lovely too.

Bohunk and mapvandal both are good.
    Last edited by joćo paulo; 01-03-2009 at 06:04 PM.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Ah the holiday season and computer failure. I apologise for the non-completion of another mapping challenge giving me a rubbish 1 from 3 completion rate. My New Year's resolution is to improve that ratio significantly! At least I was able to sneak in and get a vote in before the deadline.

Well done to all those who finished maps this month.

Given my incredibly slow rate of work (usually), I doubt I'll ever be able to finish anything in time for a challenge.

But who knows...

Anyhow, this was a tough one, but I finally decided based on just which thumbnails I clicked on first - obviously those are the ones that 'jumped out at me' the most.

Bohunk's for 'realism' - it looks like it could have come from a history book, or newspaper article -
    and Vandal's just on 'prettinesss'.

Note that on both, arrows were present - something I considered a must for this challenge.

Sagenllicht was a close third, but I feel the terrain completely over-powered the details. The stone kept pulling my eye away from the rest, which is a shame, because it was quite nice once I enlarged it enough to see what was going on.

Ascension gets an 'honorary mention' for originality, and Torstan's gave my inner gamer a 'warm fuzzy feeling'.

Post gratz

As both SG and Bohunk ended up with the most votes I assume we got two winners this month?

Gratz to you both
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast