• The Seige of Santa's Village - by cereth

0 0%
  • The Siege of Dreeston - by torstan

1 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: December Challenge Voting - VOTE FOR TWO

Post December Challenge Voting - VOTE FOR TWO

Some very imaginative entries this month, but a less than happy turnout...11 entries means you can vote for TWO entries.

That is TWO entries.

Thank you to all the participants....great work all of you.

To view the thumbnails of all the entries...click here.

May the best map win!

sad turnout this month, wish there were more

i really like sagens March of Brian the Foul

Just wondering, why does it have to be Brian?? why not some other name, like Nathaniel, or Charlie, or Bob? Why that name?

edit: lol something is wrong with the percentages it seems..... all of them that have a vote have 1, and thats about 5, and they all say 33.33%.... that makes 166.65%...
    Last edited by bryguy; 12-28-2008 at 09:45 PM.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I've met a few foul Brians in my time. Have to say, I loved Sagen's map, but it lost out by a whisker.

I suspect it might well be a winner though.

i havent met any foul Brians

My sister has a friend whose brothers name is Brian, real nice guy

My brother-in-laws name is Brian

Couple of friends I had when I was a kid were Brian

Nope, never met a foul Brian
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Nice entries people! I voted for SG, because I like the concept and Bohunk's for the clean style and the more modern setting as something different.

I wish I could have done more for mine, but honestly, I'm a fantasy mapper, and after last month's space map, and my continuation with the BT maps... I am "Battleteched" out, after the last couple weekends of play, I realize I didn't miss playing BT as much as I thought.

Notice the dirth of barbarian maps lately - that's where my interests/inspiration went...

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by bryguy View Post
    edit: lol something is wrong with the percentages it seems..... all of them that have a vote have 1, and thats about 5, and they all say 33.33%.... that makes 166.65%...
    If I understand correctly, the percentage is how many voters voted for a particular entry, not total percentage of all votes.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I voted for Steel and Bohunk because they actually have arrows that show how a siege took place, rather than just a map of something. I actually had Sagen and Bohunk tied so I flipped a coin, sorry bro.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I voted for Steel General, because it´s a detailed map and a fancy elaboration. And my second vote accounts the nice art-work of Map Vandal.

My votes went to Steel General and Bohunk, both maps have the details and I can look to the map and easily understand what is happening/going on, happened. Other maps I felt had good details were Gameprinters (love the Battletech), and Red Robes, but found that it just didn't have enough info there.

Good work folks, hopefully Jan will be a better month now that the holidays are over!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I've met a few foul Brians in my time. Have to say, I loved Sagen's map, but it lost out by a whisker.

I suspect it might well be a winner though.
    Heh actually, while I'd like to win a challenge (well who doesnt ) I dont think it will happen anytime soon.

Ok anyways, my votes did go to and why

Map Vandal - I really like his entry, maybe the graveyard could have been a bit bigger and I would have added some more depths/details to the roads but overall a great entry

My second vote wasnt easy, because I couldnt really decide between Bohunks, RR's a SG's map as all of them are quite unique and nicely done. In the end I voted for SG. I really like the map SG and the way you've told the story, only the rivers just do not blend that well.

Runner up's
    RR's map would be my 3rd vote, I really like the idea behind it
    Bohunks map is done nicely I just do not like modern settings and as I didnt have many votes I had to skip his map.

Other Entries
    Mine - well actually I am quite happy with my entry. In the end there are always details you missed or could have been done better but thats why I do the challenges., I learn alot from them

GP's map - it was my fav but sadly GP hadnt the time to finish it.
    Rovingjack - quite a nice idea, I just miss the superior force in it or maybe I didnt understand it

torstans map looked promising but wasnt finished
    Same holds true for bryguys map and Ascensions map.

Edit: hmm cant hit you with my repstick SG, must have repped you recently same holds true for you Bohunk.
    Last edited by Sagenlicht; 12-29-2008 at 07:50 AM.
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast