Thread: World 31

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Wip World 31

I wanted to do up a world (in Photoshop, as always) just to see how big I could do one; sort of in response to a question eoinmorgan had about doing such things in CC3. It started off at 25,000 x 12,500 but I couldn't run any filters so I cut it in half...the psd was eating up all but 500 megs of hard drive space. I only had 3 gigs of hard drive space left on my pc and when I went to save it, I couldn't. So I deleted 6 gigs worth of junk from my Temp folder...stupid surfaholic that I am. I did get it saved and here's a screenshot. Not sure if I'll ever post up the whole thing because I've got a few new experiments I'm going to try on it...just to see how they turn out. You can see just how small this section is when you look at the navigator window in the top right. You'll also notice that it's chewing up 2 gigs of memory in the lower left. That list of actions is for dragging out guides at various percentages so that I don't have to do it by hand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenie.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	8763  
    Last edited by Ascension; 12-29-2008 at 01:16 AM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Holy Poop!! That's enormous - I'm surprised you can even scroll around on it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.