Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings

Post Greetings

new to this site, but quite an experienced gamer, both as GM and player. I've always used maps as an integral part of campaigns but have always played on tabletop. I'm starting an online game and needed some maps. Eventually I'll be making almost all my own maps, but for now I created the largescale map but swiped some smaller scale maps to use since the game is due to start soon. I've used Photoshop for a large number of years and have done website design as a hobby. For some examples of graphics feel free to visit my page at sin-ned.deviantart.com . I appreciate feedback and comments as well.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

You could use the CWBP (Community world building project) in this forum to get some terrain, land and maps all pre done. Then you can add extra stuff you use to it.

What format do you play online?
    I've just started two campaigns (playing one, GMing the other) of D&D 3.5 over irc and it's working out great. It takes about three times as long to play as normal, but everyone in the group can spend an entire day once every or every other week so thats no prob.
    I've tried PBEM and PBforum but it was way to slow for me, it took weeks just to get it rolling...

I've been wanting to try the variuos programs dedicated to playing D&D online, do you or anyone else have any experience with them?

Blog Entries

ViewingDale link is in my sig. Take a look around the site, pics and movies. Also look at MapTool, BattleGroundsRPG and others too. Also on my sig is a keyword index so look up VTT in that and check out some of the posts. Also there is a VTT section. VTT stands for virtual table top. I.e. play online using a virtual table instead of a real one.

Thanks. The demo movies were good. I'll check out the trial.
    Does Viewing Dale include mapmaking software and is that any good?
    Can you use any custom graphics you want?
    Does it include dice rollers, the SRD and all that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    Thanks. The demo movies were good. I'll check out the trial.
    Does Viewing Dale include mapmaking software and is that any good?
    Can you use any custom graphics you want?
    Does it include dice rollers, the SRD and all that?
    It can make maps - almost all of them from me on this site are done with it.
    You can use any custom raster graphics - bitmaps, jpg, png etc
    It includes a dice roller tho I give that away free on the site under the free utils section - just download and use it. Its the full thing.
    It does not contain the SRD or any rules to any game. Its a generic map and VTT tool and includes fantasy icons only. You can link points in the map to docs and web pages tho so you can link to the web site for the SRD. So link skeleton tokens to skeleton stats etc. Theres links in the keyword index to viewingdale where there are more movies about the Fentor Cross Church showing more stuff.

Oh, It's actually your own product, didn't realize that.
    You should make an actual gameplay demo movie showing of all it can do!
    I'll try it out next year.
    Cheers

Blog Entries

Might just do that. I am in the process of updating to V1.06 tonight so expect an imminent update.

'Trevor' on this site is key dev for MapTool and 'Heruca' is the same for BattlegroundsRPG. Likewise 'Kepli' is pretty important to Dundjinni and 'Waldronate' write Fractal Terrains, tho those last two are not VTTs. So its a small world and the guild has most of us as members .

There are tons of members here to came from the Maptool site or visa-versa. I have used it to play several RPGA games of D&D 4E Living Forgotten Realms and have run a few sessions as the GM and plan to use it in my groups face to face game I will be starting up in March. The current development version has seen a huge increase in macro support in the past 6 months(from pretty much nothing to fairly robust) to do anything from rolling a single dice and spitting out the text to (a lot more work to set up though!!) rolling an attack, comparing it against the targets defense and applying damage to the target.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast