Thread: Westdiep (City Designer 3)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Westdiep (City Designer 3)

Ok, I am finally able to render my maps in mere minutes. So here's another city I am quite proud of and that I dub finished. For more cities, see my WIP thread at http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...newpost&t=2991

---------------------

Westdiep (Westdeep) is a large fortified town located on the northern shore of the lake and lying between the great cities of Miston and Concetron. It can be considered the bread basket of the north of the Valley. There's a lot of agriculture going on and the harbor and river see a lot of traffic from grain barges. Only Blauwhaven has a larger harbor.

The city has seen a lot of fighting as the wizards from both Miston and Concetron wanted to control the area. There are watchtowers on both river banks and a large castle of the hill overlooking the town. The city walls also protect the islands as the lake will sometimes freeze up during the winter.

The rulers of the city never allowed large concentrations of houses near the city walls (or on the hill where the castle is located), but nowadays people are starting to settle on the shores of the river.

The Alliance maintains a large militairy presence in the city, although not as large as in Meerzicht which is located just east of Westdiep.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westdiep_Groot1.jpg 
Views:	1961 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	8774  
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...