For an upcoming campaign I'm creating a setting where the world has a planetary ring (think rings of Saturn). I have a core "in game" concept for the ring that I am happy with, but now I'm working on some of the physical impact that a planetary ring would cause. Here are a few of my thoughts so far.

-primary cause for the creation of the ring is a large meteor that struck near one of the poles of the planets moon disgorging large amounts of debris into space.
-rings are primarily composed of ice and cosmic particles, although a few larger pieces are present
-rings reflect sunlight to a degree, so that during the night a band of light will provide some additional illumination especially during the transitional periods of dawn and dusk
-along the equator the ring will be visible as a thin line in the sky while at the higher latitudes the width of the ring will be more visible

-given a standard axial tilt, the rings will cast a shadow across the higher & lower latitudes during the day resulting in a more dramatic swing in temperature which will create more unstable weather
-greater frequency of meteor showers (and larger impacts) as particles are slowly pulled down to planet

So am I on or off target with the above? Thoughts, suggestions or rambling comments are all welcome.