Thread: Local map converted from Mappa Harnica Tool kit

Post Local map converted from Mappa Harnica Tool kit

Hi guyz,

I posted this on CC2 L but i like the site and appreciate the effort so i thought to come here and post this new map i've made. Converting it from CC2 and applying effects and all.

Comments greatly appreciated

http://patoumonde.com/maps/JPG/HIRES...n1200x1600.JPG

Thanks

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gorgeous map! Thats really nicely done.

I only have one complaint...and thats digging deep too. All the buildings seem to be built on right angles to the compass...although possible...its improbable. Most people build to fit the lay of the land, not to look square on a map. Know what I mean?

I like the style of trees...the fields are nice too.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

All around, an exceptional map! This is definitely publishing quality and I absolutely love the use of the effects on the map. Like Arcana I have to dig real deep to find anything wrong with it. If I were to make any changes it would probably be adding rapids to the river were the escarpment meets it. Based on what that would probably be, the river would most like make a drop there.

Thank you both,

The remark on the house placement is very perceptive and i will keep it in mind. As for rapids, i'll have to think about how to do that in CC3 and will surely try to make something out of it.

The reception on the CC2 L list wasn't so warm i must say. The colors on the crop fields for exemple is not very popular. As the quarry effect. I'll try to work on that also.

Comments appreciated...as always.

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

My pleasure. Regarding the list, I would really like to see more people at list try out this forum. I personally feel that forums have a lot of advantages over email lists such as avoiding 5 replies to every question, easier search capability, and attachments, to name just a few.

I think the farms could use a bitmap of crops if there is such a thing, but I don't think it is needed. You have really achieved a nice balance between 'flat vector' graphics and the raster symbols. I can't really fault the quarry either as it just screamed quarry when I say it.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ilwan's Avatar

Beautiful example how the effects are used. Very nice

Thank you.

After many comments i received though, the futur version will see the blur on the crop fields removed or lessened. I think the results will be better.

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Awesome! Could you share the FCW file?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

@calcabrina - this thread is over 5 years old. I doubt the O.P. has visited the site in some time.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.