Thread: Quick Technique to Create a Humanoid Stature using Poser

Default Quick Technique to Create a Humanoid Statue using Poser

I needed to create a statue of a Xill (spiny headed, insect mandible, 4 armed evil outsider) for a commission map I'm working on. My PC with Poser 5 loaded on it, is not running right now, so I found a map object I used in a past map and retooled it for my new purpose.

First I cut out the white background from the rendered Poser figure, then I cloned it, gave it rock photo texture fill, with a merge layer applied to show the 3D shadows and shapes beneath. I grouped them, then I cloned it again, cut off the arms, deleted the rest, rotated the arms a bit, and placed underneath the Poser rock statue in the best locations.

Then I created an 8 point shaped line to diminish to a point. I created one short, curved line for the mandible, cloned and flipped horizontally, gave them the same rock texture fill, then gave it a rounded bevel. I also created 5 varying length 8 point shaped lines for the horns and applied the same steps as the mandibles. Then I applied a linear transparency to each horn so I could blend them into the Xill head, as if one carved piece. I rotated and rescaled each to fit.

Then I applied a drop shadow some distance away to show it's height off the floor - its supposed to a big statue. Created a base and put underneath it all. There a quick tutorial on how I created this.

Although I used Xara Designer Pro x11 to do all this, these techniques could be accomplished in Photoshop, GIMP, Illustrator and other applications.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poser-figure-to-xill-statue.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	327.9 KB 
ID:	80745
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-28-2016 at 02:16 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations