Thread: The bedouin has pitched his tent

Post The bedouin has pitched his tent

I have been lurking here until quite recently but finally decided I should say hi. I am currently an active member of the Campaign Builders Guild that has been convinced by certain parties (mostly Gamerprintshop and Kapn Xeviat) to get a bit active here. I have been mapping off and on for a few years (doing graphics in general for a few more) and have a love of map making in general.

Anyhow, I have found the tutorials and help here so far to be of high quality and decided that you all were worth getting to know. An example of the high quality help being the "Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional RPG Map" tutorial (which I used to create the attached image). There are many others (indeed this place has a wealth of knowledge). Anyhow, hope to see you all around more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Northhaven2.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	8822  

Post Welcome!

Welcome Nomadic! Nice first map post - have some REP!

I saw your posts in the Tutorial Forum, but I didn't want to threadjack that important resource just to get you to say "hello" here - so I'm glad you did.

There's lots of stuff to learn here and do, so have some fun, be a regular if you can.

Again, welcome!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

I am a periodic poster at CBG, though not so much lately.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

I am seeing more and more Cross-Page Members, glad you decided to come aboard. I am surprised, i had always assumed (from your skill, and the techniques you use) that you where a member here (i can see you have been trolling here for a while from your style). LOTS of tutorials to read through and learn especially if you use more than one program. I am happy to see that calling the CBG and CartoGuild sister sites isnt just an excuse for a link but really encouraging the two groups of like minded people to meet and get to know each other. Glad your officially here!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Nice map, I like your colors.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks for the incredibly warm welcome. It feels just like home (thecbg) here. Then again I recognize alot of names haha.

Well done! A very nice interpretation of the tutorial. And, of course, welcome to the Guild.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name