Thread: Continent of Urgaard

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

Wip Continent of Urgaard

Hello everyone!

I haven't posted for a long time, though I have been lurking in the forums a lot. During the holidays I got some spare time in my hands at last and inspiration took over. I began to develop a new map of an overlooked continent in my campaign setting.

It is a large continent, with mostly arid climate and desert terrain, except for some regions where there is a flow of major rivers, etc. I have tried to keep facts and geography in mind and I think it is a plausible continent.

I am developing the kingdoms and the races along with the map, so I will be adding labels, kingdom borders, major cities, etc. in a while.

Until I would really like to hear your opinion on the map, possible errors or improvements.

Hey, also HAPPY NEW YEAR guys! (almost forgot that...)

Some techical details:
    I have made the outline and the height map (in PS) using various techniques from the forums. Then I used Wilbur to generate the terrain using custom colors. Then I imported back to PS where I painted vegetation areas and rivers. I haven't completely finished the terrains, maybe I will add some more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Urgaard.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	8829