Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discworld Tu'lorain WIP Update

Guild Journeyer

Thanks Red, i will put it up at filefactory.com. All i need is a little place like that, thanks again for your offer to host it and for informing me about filefactory as a host.

Guild Journeyer

Ok here are the new links to download the unmolested pictures. Hope everyone can see my work this time. *Crosses Fingers*

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a00eh1e/n/new_jpg

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a16550a/n/tuloras_jpg

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a00eh27/n/new2BW_jpg

I hope red doesn't mind me nosing in on his turf but I have some webspace so I decided why not. I mostly use it for practicing web coding and layout ideas so there's space to spare (permanently even if you need to keep it up).

Main Map
    Black and White Local Map
    Color Local Map

Just note that they aren't small, it takes a bit to load up. Up close though they're brilliant (and I am wondering how you pulled off that water texture).
    Last edited by Nomadic; 01-03-2009 at 10:23 PM.

Well Nomadic, I for one am pleased you decided to host them. I finally got a look at them and I am very impressed Lathorien! It must have taken a lot of work to get this far. I gave you some reputation.

I suggest you add a glow or something to the text labels. They need some contrast against the terrain to be better readable. Especially the smaller and black labels.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

Thats a cool and fairly big map there ! Lots of detail. I have managed to put it up in case in the future the filefactory takes it down but I have dropped the quality a bit so for now were better off looking at that one or Nomadics host of it. BTW I don't mind who hosts it, I just wanted to see it

Lots of good stuff in there. I can see theres a few areas where the height map comes through because you have used an 8 bit height map. You should try to use a 16 bit one if possible.

The sea texture is nice but its the culprit to burning all that file size I think.

But thats a good base to start a campaign from. Well done.

Filefactory was a bitch. Wanted me to solve a riddle just to let me see the maps...

The sea texture is great.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The worst I ever saw of this kind of encoding had a font that had cats and dogs on it and you had to only type the code with cats on it. When the font is small and rotated, with cats and dogs on it, I just gave up. Silly encoding.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer

Wow thanks guys for the hosting, i knew the bot detection was going to deter a few people so thanks for making it easy to see. My world mapping has been in suspension since November when my laptop died, and my wife's computer well... cant handle THAT gimp file (yes its all one massive work, unbroken). So its been nice to finally get it up, its motivated me to get back to working on my setting again after a break for the holidays.

Alittle map Info: The Central continent is the Contitnent of Rhime and the setting information for half of that continent is http://thecbg.org/e107_files/public/...ia_shilhon.pdf

The Continent to the upper left is the "West" the area mapped in detail is a "Mini-Europe" with small baronys and dutchies with an "English" (Fairmoor), French (Clemenseu), "German" (Kasch), Swiss (Kharns), "Dutch" (Van Woud), and "Spanish" (Rafalea) flavoured cultures, however all will have their own unique history, peoples, cultural habits, est so their not clones or cliche troupes a player saying "The Baron of Kasch must want to take over the world because their "German"" Would be considered an epic fail on my part. It also has a small desert region with pharaohs, pyramids, lots of sand... you get the idea. The "Old Republic" has a state religion following the patron father god of Humans, and used to control the whole western continent. They may have even built a coliseum or two . However unlike the Romans, the Republic has been fighting a 500 year old world war against practically the whole Orkish race and their allies. The Republic is loosing. Gritty, dirty, corruption is the current theme in the church, and it controls the throne.

The Continent to the lower left is the "South" (Closest to the Rim). Kabala is a former colony of the Republic, and is left alone on the continent. Most of this contienent is labled notes so no need to retype them here.

The bottom right is the "East". So far i got Musket wielding Samurai warring against a Mind-flayer controlled empire of "communist oriental peasants". An Island of Pirates! and soon an island of Ninjas! just for Nomadic. Cannon wielding Ogre tribes, warring against civilized Hobgoblin forts on the vast Savannah. Mystical Thai/Buhhdist Drow sanctuaries in the Tropical Forests. Former Republic colonie in the far north, separated from the main Church formers its own similar church (Catholic - Orthodox split anyone?) and culture in the fast stepps of the north.

The two small continents in the upper right i am not sure on yet, i am thinking one of them should be an "Elven and Dragonborn retreat" but sure yet. I was also thinking a wild tropical Jurrasic park island with dinosaurs and 30ft Venus fly traps, and orchids the size of a house.

If your interested in what you see in the map and the .pdf on Farwein, here is a link to a setting overview that i posted a loooong time ago at the CBG. It tells the basic premise and table-atmosphere Tu'lorain is being build to do.

http://thecbg.org/e107_plugins/forum...opic.php?49720
    Last edited by Lathorien; 01-04-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Awesome looking map.

I use DeviantART for all my Map-hosting needs, and I've yet to try and post anything that they wouldn't except.

Guild Journeyer

never thought of deviant art I imagine they allow large file sizes in picture format... thanks for the idea for hosting stuff in the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12