Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discworld Tu'lorain WIP Update

Guild Journeyer

Post Discworld Tu'lorain WIP Update

I finally got around to getting to picture hosting (at Photobucket) for my larger higher resolution pictures, my previous post of the Continent of Rhime Map is a close up of the central continent. Here are the two large Map, their at 600dpi so you can Zoom in DEEP to see lots of detail.

My browser doesn't let me zoom enough so you may have to Download the picture and then view using media viewer, paint, gimp or whatever and you can zoom in to see all the detail. There is lots to see in their!

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/r...lbum/new-1.jpg

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/r...um/tuloras.jpg

Awesome! I like the pirate island in the first map. For some reason I keep thinking it says Pirates! (and that there should be a Ninjas! island nearby).

Image wise the colors transition well, there's a bit of texture to keep things interesting, and the coastlines are realistic. So over all, a very good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathorien View Post
    I finally got around to getting to picture hosting (at Photobucket) for my larger higher resolution pictures, my previous post of the Continent of Rhime Map is a close up of the central continent. Here are the two large Map, their at 600dpi so you can Zoom in DEEP to see lots of detail.

My browser doesn't let me zoom enough so you may have to Download the picture and then view using media viewer, paint, gimp or whatever and you can zoom in to see all the detail. There is lots to see in their!

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/r...lbum/new-1.jpg

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/r...um/tuloras.jpg

DPI only matters when printing. While they are nice, I can't really zoom in much and maintain detail. The saved files seem to be saved at 72 pixels per inch which is not high resolution.

Anyway, what I can see is pretty good...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yeah, I can't zoom in much either. So it's hard to comment. From what I can see it's really nice work.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Journeyer

cursed Photobucket... does anyone know anywhere you can post a picture thats 17,620 Kb that wont reduce it or hack the resolution? what about a place like deviant art? Last time i posted a map i got similar responses requesting a higher resolution version to be able to see details... i just want to get my work "out there" once in all its glory... so people can accually read it !

@ Nomadic Thanks for the critic, this is a copy of the accual work copy and us my map as part of my note making process, i only have a clear idea for about 1/3 of the world, the rest is just place holders like "Pirates" and "Dwarves" or the old favorite "Republic". I am kinda spiraling out from the center continent...
    Last edited by Lathorien; 01-02-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You can post fairly large images here, you just need to lower the resolution. The board will not allow you to upload an image with more than 33MPxl.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

And lower the size of the file! Images cannot be larger than 4MB I think (JPG, PNG, etc). Still, you should be able to upload a version that has some nice dimensions.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lathorien View Post
    cursed Photobucket... does anyone know anywhere you can post a picture thats 17,620 Kb that wont reduce it or hack the resolution? what about a place like deviant art? Last time i posted a map i got similar responses requesting a higher resolution version to be able to see details... i just want to get my work "out there" once in all its glory... so people can accually read it !
    I'll temporarily host it for you for a few months until I need more space. I have been given more host space recently so its no problem.

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I'll temporarily host it for you for a few months until I need more space. I have been given more host space recently so its no problem.
    Wow that would be great even for a week or so, just so i can get what i have view able, with all the label layers on its a little cluttered but still. I have learned so much from the great tutorials from so many of you that i just want to show what i have learned. A year ago i never used photoshop or gimp, all i know of these programs i have learned here, from you guys.

How can i send the large jpg to you Redrobes? i think its a little large for even email....

Blog Entries

Have a look at this one:

http://www.filefactory.com/

You can upload any file up to 300Mb in size (per file !) and send the download link to anyone. You could either use that for a while or I could get at your file this way and host it as some pictures on a web page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast