Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The North Lands or the Waste

We are raising the bar here
    And I see you got your 200 rep.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Post 200 rep - I'm basking in the glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    We are raising the bar here
    And I see you got your 200 rep.
    Woot!

Yes, I have to thank SG for that! Now I can bonk someone with my +6 Repping stick! I look forward for the first person I can hit with it. Unfortunately "the D" had to settle for my +5 Stick from yesterday - so I need to Rep a few others before I can hit him again...

Just give me a reason and I'll dent your head with my shiny new weapon!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I have to say that I like this new, hand-drawn style a lot. Hope you stay with it because I know you can turn it into something even fresher when combined with your usual style.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wip The lands of Crae - hand-drawn

Aye, the lands of Crae are grand like its people!

OK, here's the hand-drawn version of the Lands of Crae, the homeland of player characters clan of Picts.

Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crae-lands.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	906.5 KB 
ID:	8887  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

I like it. One thing I noticed is the icon for Craefort. It stands out and I don't think in a good way. Otherwise a very simple, but effective style with a nice fantasy look.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

I agree with Gandwarf. The fort icon doesn't quite fit with the rest of the map. However, this is an incredible map!

Thirded, the fort looks a bit weird. I think perhaps if you replaced it with a more hand drawn and representational (as opposed to the 3d-ish birds eye view) icon it would look better.

Post Sounds like a plan...

Just giving it try, though I still might duplicate the shape for the hand-drawn version, anyway. Thanks for the tips.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip The Crae Lands - update!

Late night (early morning) gaming, spent an extra half hour to fix this before I went to bed. I replaced the Craefort and Grandy Crannog icons with hand-drawn frontal views of each location. I do listen you know!

Added some more labels. I plan to place a broken Broch tower at the top of one of the nearby hilltops from the Craefort. (Might even use that photo of Broch Tower sample in my Craefort thread for reference.) I also plan to place a "Giant Watch" tower on the furthest northern hill in the Crae lands to watch for trouble from the north and bonfire warning to the rest of Crae. Maybe a village or two will be added as well, and some farm hamlets.

What do you think?

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crae-lands.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	924.4 KB 
ID:	8897  
    DrivethruRPG store

I like how you made the cliffs/slopes by the sea. Couldn't that method be used for the hills too? Now they look a bit too sketchy.
    And symbols are much higher res then the rest of the map and that makes them stand out and look like.. ehm.. symbols...
    /Hoel -integrating the symbols in to the fabric of unreality

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast