Thread: Two Finished Temples

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Map Two Finished Temples

OK so here are two more temples for deities in my home-grown campaign setting.

The Hooded Fane is a temple of Barrakis (Assassination, Lies, Murder, Poison, Serpent-kind, Violence, Violent Death) and the Shrine of the Sapphire Skull is a temple of Dyrge (Darkness, Evil, Forgetfulness, Intelligent Undead, Loss, Necromancy, Undeath).

Feel free to use them in your own campaigns, or if someone has a good spot for them in the CWBP go ahead and add them in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheHoodedFane.jpg 
Views:	1174 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	8851   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShrineSapphireSkull.jpg 
Views:	827 
Size:	3.58 MB 
ID:	8852  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Well, you picked some charming deities

Anyway, both are great maps and I had to give you some rep for that!
    I like the Hooded Fane best, basically because that map is more clear and has more colors. You can make out the details better. I do understand why the other temple is so dark of course and I still think that's a great map!

I love those snake statues! Did you make them yourself?
    Also, in what software did you do these?
    Ok, last question. There are some stairs in both temples I think? Do you plan a map of cellar or second floor (wherever those stairs lead)?

(ok, so I lied and still had two questions left, sue me)
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 01-02-2009 at 09:19 AM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

@Gandwarf - Thanks for the comments...and the rep.

Yup they are a couple of sweethearts aren't they

No I did not make the snake statues (I'm not that talented), I downloaded them from the Dundjinni User Creation forums. The large one has a bit of color modification to it but that's about it.

Both maps are done in photoshop.

Regarding the stairways; I was planning on doing the lower levels, but decided not to and leave those open to anyone who might make use of the maps themselves. For me the space under the Hooded Fane would be primarily storage. Below the Sapphire Skull are the living quarters of the priests (living and undead), storage, and cells for detaining potential sacrifices, etc.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.