Hi everyone,

I just discovered this site and it looks fantastic. I was an avid pen and paper mapping in my youth - both fantasy and sci-if.

I ended up mapping every world in the Universe RPG (if anyone remembers that...). I shudder to think of how many little round world cutouts I photocopied, drew continents, coloured and collected. Sadly it's now lost.

Years ago I started writing a fantasy novel and wanted to create a detailed world for the environment. I found I enjoyed mapping the continents and islands of Muhalli, providing history and back story far more than actually writing... I guess my first clue was that I only wrote 9 pages of the story but produced endless maps and a lengthy gazeteer!

That's been dormant for years (all the good stuff of kids & jobs...), but I've just rekindled my interest and purchased CC3 and CD3. CC3 I'm finding pretty powerful, although the learning curve is taking me some time...

I started recreating Muhalli by importing my old paper maps and hope to share them at some point (when they are less ugly...). My dream is to map all of Inner Muhalli down to a small regional level with key city maps as well. That will be a slow process, if it ever finishes, but the process is what's enjoyable anyways!

I'm looking forward to learning from you all and eventually sharing my work. Sorry for the long intro - teije