Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harogard

Map Harogard

Hey everybody!
    finally i found some people on the internet that share the same hobby.

here is one of my maps:

That is... incredibly awesome. I love it! The detail is so intricate and it really captures that old worn map look (though you do have a little weird strip on the right side that might need erasing). What did you make this with?

i did this about two years ago. i drew this map with pencil and fine liner. then i scanned it and made i look older and added the letters with photoshop.

Post Almost perfect!

Nice hand-drawn style, is it hand-drawn, the woods make it look like it is. Nice job! Have some REP!

At the same time, I was giving it my River Police Inspection, and I thought it passed. At the last second -- I'm looking at the river at the top of the map, if I am not mistaken, the river forks downstream, the northern part enters the forest of Finnhard and empties into the sea. The southern fork empties into a lake then a river takes that to the sea.

And I was going to flag you by, but I guess I'll have to give you a citation!

Almost perfect, I think that's an issue, rivers never fork downstream and it looks like it is - need to fix that. Make it two different rivers one in the woods and one down south to the lake and the sea.

Still get REP, nice job.

Welcome to the Guild.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I can't quite follow you ... what exactly do you mean (I am not a native speaker)
    don't take me wrong .... this is no defence but i want to see the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Nice hand-drawn style, is it hand-drawn, the woods make it look like it is. Nice job! Have some REP!

At the same time, I was giving it my River Police Inspection, and I thought it passed. At the last second -- I'm looking at the river at the top of the map, if I am not mistaken, the river forks downstream, the northern part enters the forest of Finnhard and empties into the sea. The southern fork empties into a lake then a river takes that to the sea.

And I was going to flag you by, but I guess I'll have to give you a citation!

Almost perfect, I think that's an issue, rivers never fork downstream and it looks like it is - need to fix that. Make it two different rivers one in the woods and one down south to the lake and the sea.

Still get REP, nice job.

Welcome to the Guild.

GP
    Well they can but it's very rare and they join back up within a very short bit (so yea they can't flow out like they do there). On an unrelated note is that town called Lintwich? Cause that is an awesome name.

Quote Originally Posted by the d
    I can't quite follow you ... what exactly do you mean (I am not a native speaker)
    don't take me wrong .... this is no defence but i want to see the issue
    He means that rivers don't split into seperate rivers when flowing down (they only come together making larger single rivers out of multiple smaller rivers). The only exception like I said is when they branch around a high point but they then will join up again quickly (forming a large island in the river).
    Last edited by Nomadic; 01-02-2009 at 05:56 PM.

I see ... the only exception from this would be river deltas ...
    guess i failed the river policy then ...
    I will do better on the next map

All names on the map are constructed from old-high-german language

lintwich would be something like lindenwood
    Last edited by wally-d-feed; 01-02-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the d View Post
    I see ... the only exception from this would be river deltas ...
    guess i failed the river policy then ...
    I will do better on the next map
    Well a river delta is more like a sand bank. The river picks up sediment and soil in its flow and drops it downstream. With a delta the point where it enters the ocean becomes a primary drop point for this dirt so it builds up into little islands.

What about the nile-delta? ... thats a little more than little islands

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice, reminiscent of the maps from Lord of the Rings.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

I dub thee newly repped *bonk*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast