Thread: One Page Dungeon Template

Map One Page Dungeon Template

A few of us have been discussing old school dungeon mapping and the best ways of communicating the basics of the setting while leaving enough for a DM/GM to flesh it out with details of his/her own. This led a couple of folks to attempt some 'one page dungeon keys' where the map, room key (descriptions/monsters/treasure) and other additional information - through a collaborative effort, one has been developed.

The idea is that you'd draw/scan a roughly 5"x5" dungeon map. The template has a 30square x 30square grid - roughly 6 squares an inch (this is close, I believe, to the graph paper that most of us older gamers sketched on). You would then place that into the template and use the rest of the template to fill out the key, wandering monster chart, and other information. Theoretically, you could just print and/or PDF your key and pop into your campaign binder or folder.

I've long gotten tons of useful information and tutorials, so I wanted to share these templates with CF in case you might find them useful. I've attached a ZIP that has Open Office document/templates and a PDF of my dungeon map/key showing the One Page Dungeon Key in practice.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WizardsRuinedTower-Level1.pdf  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice idea, to bad I don't play anymore this would have come in handy when I was GMing.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.