Thread: Helpful Guide to World Mapping

Guild Novice

Post Helpful Guide to World Mapping

For those of you who are undertaking the monumental task of mapping an entire world, here is a great FREE guide that can help. A Magical Society: Guide to Mapping. Its a free mashup of the mapping sections in their product, A Magical Society: Ecology & Culture. It explains how to plan your continents, where mountains and rivers are logically located, and how to place environmental zones. Its helpful if you want the world to behave in a realistic manner, similar to our own earth.

Awesome resource! Thanks! I have a world that I can definitely massage a bit more and this will certainly help.

Just in case anyone still wants this and finds they can't get it from the RPGNow link above, e23 still has it available.
    Innkeeper at the Darkwood Inn. The Foul Punster of the Cartographers' Guild!

Better role playing than dragon slaying!

Thanks a lot! I found this site looking for just something like this

Well welcome to the site and definitely hang around for as long as you like.

This is awesome, I've been looking for a good tutorial for awhile now. I've always wanted to be able to create a beautiful map for my campaign setting.

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.

Ishmayl, welcome and feel free to ask questions in the various forums and post your creations as you work on them.