Thread: Karros: The Birth of a World (WIP)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Karros: The Birth of a World (WIP)

Some say that we all have a world inside us, waiting to be born. Karros is my world. It originally started as a silly little idea dreamed up by a very naive DM. It was at the time called Meishgon: The Sundered World and was based upon a spherical world that had been split into elemental planes. The maps were sub par and the use of classic tropes were obvious to an almost painful level. Slowly though things changed. The naive world builder met new friends, friends far more experienced than him, and slowly his ideas took root. Since then they have shifted and changed in a very stream-of-consciousness manner.

That DM has decided to go back to basics and pull forth a world in a more organic way. Therefore a proto-continent has been drawn up and plate boundaries drawn. With some help, said DM is going to make like a 2 year old with a freshly finished puzzle and pull it all apart. From this then will come the terrain and climate as well as the migration of species and founding of empires. So now that you have endured that long winded and overly philosophical nonsense I give to you the proto-continent of my world, ready to be born. A bit of color and texture has been added to this version (since black and white alpha maps are boring ).

More to come once I begin tearing it up and turning it into a finished product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Worldpost.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	226.6 KB 
ID:	8892  
    Last edited by Nomadic; 01-03-2009 at 09:56 PM.